Welcome to the NFDA
At the forefront of funeral development in Southern Africa
Our Mission is to:
- Unite the funeral industry.
- Represent all members of the NFDA.
- Support all cultures & religions.
- Service the nation with- Compassion & respect; Quality service; Professionalism; Ethical standards.
Who We Are
- National Funeral Directors Association of Southern Africa.
- We serve the Republic of South Africa and all SADEC countries.
- We are a voluntary association, not for gain or profit. (Article 21 company)
- We are governed by a Constitution and an Executive, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
- The NFDA is the oldest professional body of the funeral directors undertakers in Southern Africa.
- To promote and maintain high professional and ethical standards in the funeral profession.
- To ensure that those working in the funeral profession are properly trained and equipped.
- To protect the interest of both NFDA members and the public who are served by the members.
- To ensure that members comply with the legal requirements governing the funeral industry.
- To interact with authorities of the state to facilitate good legislation and practice for the profession.
- To promote co-operation with other professional bodies in the interest of the funeral profession.
- Membership of the NFDA is open to all companies of funeral directors(undertakers) in Southern Africa as well as those serving the funeral profession (i.e. monumental masons, manufacturers of coffins/caskets, funeral equipment and vehicles).
- There are various categories of membership catering for the requirements of the above.
- Those wishing to join need to accept the NFDA’s Code of Conduct as a basis for doing business, uphold its Constitution and meet the minimum health and professional requirements of the NFDA.
- A prospective member needs to fill in a detailed application form, pay R400 administration fee upon acceptance, and pay the respective annual fee.
- Money-saving Products and Services.
- Building your Expertise.
- Ensuring Up-to-date Legal and Compliance Issues.
- Keeping you informed.
- A quarterly newsletter.
- SMS Communication System.
- Supporting your Business and the Profession.